Bamboo

Sunday, September 5, 2010

Hiking With My Handsome

I have Cheri to thank for this fabulous day. She was willing to sleep over Friday night so that Dave and I could hike Timpanogos bright and early, by ourselves. This was my first long (18 miles) hike, and my first time leaving all of my children at home for the day.  We were on the mountain for a total of 11 hours.  Nine of those were hiking.  It was an amazing experience, with my best friend.

Is he really leaning on that mountain?
Two of the nine Mountain Goats we saw. 
This is how Dave went down the Glacier.  It was so steep at the top.  I opted to stay dry and hiked down the rocks.  We both enjoyed hearing the water running underneath us.
The wind was fantastic and rejuvenating!
Emerald Lake.  This is at the bottom of the Glacier (Snowfield).
Dave and I at the top!
Taken from the saddle, looking at the Peak.
Waterfall 2 miles up Aspen Grove.  This was taken on our way down.  I was so tempted to take my shoes and socks off and soak my feet.  But, I resisted. 


3 comments:

Amanda said...

Oh my, how fun! You guys look awesome, I am glad that you had a chance to do that together.

Stephanie said...

Wow that sounds amazing! How fun
to do that, and without kids is even better! :)

Unknown said...

you guys are awesome! you're my hero jen!