My Grandpa Mel Withers turned 79 on June 10th. He is a Korean War Veteran. I am proud of him. He went completely out of his comfort zone this past week and traveled to South Korea as part of the 60th Anniversary of the Korean War. He was showered with honor, love and respect as he walked through Seoul and visited with Korean Officials and Citizens. He says he feels as if he has come full circle. That some of the harsh realities of war were healed through his visit in the land that changed him.

Mel Withers: Bottom Row. Third in from the left. Handsome as can be.

Grandpa arriving back in Salt Lake City after a 17 hour flight, which was much better than his traveling time back in 1952. The first thing I asked him was if it was worth it. With tears in his eyes he answered, 'It was beyond anything I expected.'
2 comments:
It was so good to chat today, I can't wait to visit. Thanks for updating the blog, I love seeing and hearing what has been going on.
go grampa! thanks for fighting for us!
Post a Comment