Bamboo

Thursday, August 26, 2010

The sun did not shine.

It was too wet to play.
So we sat in the house
All that cold, cold, wet day.

This is one of Luke's favorite books. He has requested The Cat in the Hat for the past few nights. I love that he has a handful of good reads. One's that Dave and I, as parents, actually enjoy reading out loud. There is magic that happens when a beloved book is read night after night. I know this is the reason Luke brings books to us. He can finish the sentences, and quotes them throughout the day. I have heard him, even in his sleep, recite a small paragraph from A Fish Out of Water.

When you feed a fish,
never feed him a lot.
So much and no more!
Never more than a spot,
or something may happen!
You never know what.

He is mine and Davids son. I can tell he has book loving blood running through his veins.